Sanitary Thermal Mass Flow A Good Fit for CIP Applications
Thermal Instrument Company (TIC) manufactures a mass flow meter that can accurately and dependably measure the DI water solution used in CIP operations. Thermal Instrument has been measuring liquids with mass flow meter technology for more than 50 years. We offer a sanitary mass flow meter with a completely unobstructed flow path that can be plumbed into a CIP skid utilizing sanitary process connections.
Their challenges were that the prior flow meter did not allow for enough turn down to accurately capture the low end of their flow range. The meter needed to read from 20 LPM to 220 LPM. The lack of turn down was causing false alarms and forcing shut downs of their process. The shut downs were causing unnecessary additional production costs in the forms of production delays and additional man hours needed. They also had to fit any new meter into current process piping configurations. They wanted a lower cost alternative to Coriolis flow meters.
- Sanitary Construction – 316L SS with 10 RA Finish
- Unobstructed flow path
- Easy Installation – Tri-Clamp, VCO, or VCR Connections
- Excellent Turndown not available with other flow meters
- Does not require conductivity in fluid like magnetic flow meters
- Less costly and smaller foot print than Coriolis type flow meters
- Sensors are internal and never come into direct contact with passing fluid
- Flow Rate, Totalized Flow Rate, and Temperature can be monitored
- 4-20mA output to data recorders, PLC’s etc.
- Easy to clean and maintain